Holiday Shopping in Kansas CityNovember 20, 2014
Holiday Shopping In Kansas City
'Tis the season from KC Destinations! Kansas City is a fun and festive place to visit during the holiday season. With over 80 miles of Plaza lights, hundreds of shopping options, dozens of seasonal attractions and unique holiday events - there are thousands of reasons to visit this season!
Check out these one of a kind holiday gifts and where to buy them in Kansas City!
- Made in Kansas City, KS, the holiday wine from Wine Barn Winery makes a great holiday gift. This seasonal wine is released and only available during the holiday season! It is a delicious fruit wine with secret holiday spices that will make you warm and fuzzy and is perfect paired with dinner,dessert or anytime. The wine is currently in stock and available for sampling for a limited time - Saturday & Sunday, noon-5pm.
- Slice it, dice it, share it or keep the entire 2.5 pound loaf to yourself, but hurry to Merriam's Strawberry Hill Povitica for one of Food Network's "50 best edible gifts in America." It's pronounced poh-va-teet-sa! No matter how you say it, Povitica is a luscious loaf of handmade, hand-rolled goodness made with grandma's original, old-world recipe, still baked fresh in our local ovens. With over a dozen flavors to choose from, it's the perfect appetizing gift this holiday season.
- Give the girl in your life American Girl's doll of the year, Isabelle, before she is retired on January 1, 2015. Isabelle has an inspiring story of overcoming challenges while pursuing her passion of dance. Through it all, she discovers how to let her inner star shine while being true to herself and following her heart. Isabelle has a three-book series andmany accessories that are sold separately including a dance barre and dance costume that she designed herself. Isabelle and many other dolls with inspiring stories can be found at American Girl at Oak Park Mall in Overland Park, KS.
- Tell your own story with hand-stamping by Lu designed just for you! Each hand-stamped piece is handcrafted in her studio in historic downtown Leavenworth and is one-of-a-kind. Artistic Works by Lu features Lu's original jewelry designs that are accessorized by chic fashions in this trendy boutique where the mission is to truly make women "feel beautiful...every day!"
- Looking for a unique gift? Why not try Chocolate Goat Milk Fudge with Himalayan Salt Sprinkle from Terabithia Dairy Goat Farm near Paola? This dark, creamy fudge is made from the milk of the Oberhasli dairy goats, whose milk has uniquely "sweet" characteristics. Serve it at Thanksgiving Dinner or give as a gift for the holidays.
- Designed by Hallmark artists and made from the wood of the previous year's Mayor's Christmas Tree, this unique ornament is a Kansas City tradition dating back to 1981. All proceeds benefit the Mayor's Christmas Tree Fund. $12.50 each at Crown Center in Kansas City, MO.